Who is it for?
Online sessions are a great option if you don’t suffer from a severe mental illness and aren’t in crisis. You can get help from the comfort and privacy of your home.
How does it work?
Is it secure?
CBT online sessions are done via OwlPractice, a Canadian business compliant with our privacy laws (PHIPPA).
Is it effective?
Research findings state that Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is just as effective online when compared to in-person delivery for anxiety and depression. See Wagner, Horn & Maercker (2014); Andrews, et al. (2018); Bergman Nordgren et al. (2014).
What can I get out of it?
- Coping mechanisms to allow you to work through situations which typically cause you anxiety, fear, or avoidance.
- Stress-management techniques
- Skills and techniques to help you better navigate relationships, or to work through relationship troubles.
- Problem-solving skills for you to enact when you encounter issues which may typically have caused you to shy away or back down, such as social situations or public speaking.
- Improving self-love, self-confidence, and body image.
- Improving communication, listening, and the ability to speak up for yourself.
- Understanding your own skills, strengths, and positive attributes and learning to quiet your inner negative critique.
- Finding a resolution to the issues that originally led you to therapy, such as having panic attacks, or being unable to sleep.