Who is it for?
Online sessions are a great option if you don’t suffer from a severe mental illness and aren’t in crisis. You can get help from the comfort and privacy of your home.
How does it work?
- Go to the blue book now button above or create or log into your account here on our website.
- Once inside, you will go to My account once more and view your appointment.
- Click Join Session.
- Your therapist will be there waiting.
Is it secure?
CBT online sessions are done via OwlPractice, a Canadian business compliant with our privacy laws (PHIPPA).
Is it effective?
Research findings state that Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is just as effective online when compared to in-person delivery for anxiety and depression. See Wagner, Horn & Maercker (2014); Andrews, et al. (2018); Bergman Nordgren et al. (2014).
What can I get out of it?
- Coping mechanisms to allow you to work through situations which typically cause you anxiety, fear, or avoidance.
- Stress-management techniques
- Skills and techniques to help you better navigate relationships, or to work through relationship troubles.
- Problem-solving skills for you to enact when you encounter issues which may typically have caused you to shy away or back down, such as social situations or public speaking.
- Improving self-love, self-confidence, and body image.
- Improving communication, listening, and the ability to speak up for yourself.
- Understanding your own skills, strengths, and positive attributes and learning to quiet your inner negative critique.
- Finding a resolution to the issues that originally led you to therapy, such as having panic attacks, or being unable to sleep.