A non-pharmaceutical option to heal the brain
Helps anxiety, Depression, Post-Traumatic Stress (PTSD), Addictions, Concussion/Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), ADD/ADHD, Autism, Bipolar Disorder, Chronic Headaches/Migraines, sleep disorders, general stress, and people looking to improve their overall brain or athletic performance.
Although these conditions may have very different causes, they all have a common denominator: frozen or stuck neural pathways that jam up communication in the brain and produce dysfunctional electrical brainwave patterns.
But our brain can always learn to fix or improve this. Neurofeedback is a technology that provides the brain with direct, real-time feedback on how well it is working. Direct Neurofeedback sends an ultra-low voltage signal directly to the brain to stimulate frozen neural pathways and cue the brain to reorganize itself for optimal functioning.
We do this in every session so the brain keeps getting better and better every time. Each session it gets new information to work on.
It is safe for children, seniors and adults, it can also be used to enhance mental clarity, focus, and energy in daily functioning, including school, work, athletic performance, and creative endeavors.
Neurofeedback helps your brain in four major ways:
- First through gently unblocking neural pathways that are ‘stuck’ or ‘frozen’ as a result of overwhelming traumas or fears.
- By reducing the activity in the ‘sympathetic’ part of the nervous system, associated with the ‘fight, flight or freeze’ response.
- By enhancing the response of the ‘parasympathetic’ system, responsible for the calming effect resulting in relaxation, which can then allow the mind/body to heal itself.
- And finally, it increases overall normal brain functioning.
Neurofeedback improves whole brain function, results can be:
- Improved and more stable mood
- Improved sleep, reduced nightmares and more consolidation.
- Increased impulse control
- Increased energy and mental clarity
- Improved mental acuity
- Improved memory and academic results
- More easy in incorporating new coping strategies in daily life
- More mental flexibility and increase in frustration tolerance
- Enhanced athletic performance
- Improved peak performance in executives.
It is not necessary to combine Neurofeedback with psychotherapy to get the results listed above.